Jason has been a Physician Assistant in dermatology for 12+ years, and comes from three generations of citrus farmers in the area. A dermatology surgical and cosmetic specialist, he has performed numerous cosmetic procedures and surgeries for cancerous and benign lesions. He enjoys the artistic techniques associated with Botox, fillers, and similar products as well, and due to his extensive work with cosmetics has been voted by patients in the area he serves as the Yuba-Sutter County’s “Favorite Cosmetic Specialist” for 2015 and 2016.
Jason was trained under a Mohs surgeon for several years, and demonstrates skill with many flap closures, advanced surgical techniques, and graft techniques for skin cancer removal.
Married for 13 years, he and his wife Staci live with their 2 miniature Dachshunds. Jason golfs, plays the piano, and collects wine as a hobby. He is a third generation United States Marine, and has served in the Persian Gulf during Desert Storm. A native to California, he started his medicine career in Southern California, only to work his way north getting back to the farm country he and his family are familiar with. Jason has a teaching background as well, having taught science at the high-school and junior college level. He feels his teaching background allows him to connect to patients to easily convey their medical condition and treatment options so that the patient feels well-informed.
Education & Medical Training:
- B.S. in Biology and Integrated Science at Western Oregon University
- M.S. in Integrated Sciences Secondary Education Western Oregon University
- M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies at Western University of Health Sciences
Professional Memberships and Certification:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants- Board Certified
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants- Board Certified Surgical Specialties
- Voted by patients as“Favourite Cosmetic Specialist”for2015 and 2016 for Yuba-Sutter Counties.
- National lecture Speaker for Society of Dermatology of PhysicianAssistants(SDPA), and New York Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
- Previous Injector Trainer-Restylane
- Diplomate and previously elected Director-at-Large of SDPA
- Elected by students of Western University of Health Sciences as first and only Physician Assistant student body.